Open Parliament web portal, since 2012, provides opportunities for public oversight over parliamentary and individual MPs’ work, and advocates for increased institutional accountability and transparency. At the Open Parliament portal are disclosed and published comprehensive data on different aspects of parliamentary and MPs’ work: transcripts from plenary sessions since 1997 (over 200,000 speeches in total), voting records interactively connected with list of bills, adopted laws, amendments, various analyses of MPs’ and parliamentary activities etc. These enabled the public to examine accountability of their representatives with regard to decisions they make on behalf of citizens.
- Legislative authorities in Serbia fulfill 59 percent indicator of openness
- Parliament of Montenegro should open direct channels of communication with citizens through social networks
- Legislative branch in Bosnia and Herzegovina has a lot of work to do on its openness to the citizens
- Development of openness and accountability of the Parliament of Albania needs to be strategically planned
- Results of the research on openness of executive powers in the region presented in Podgorica