ACTION SEE (Accountability, Technology and Institutional Openness Network in the South East Europe region) is a network of civil society organizations that jointly work on promoting and ensuring government accountability and transparency in the region of South-East Europe, raising the potential for civic activism and civic participation, promoting and protecting human rights and freedoms on the internet and building capacities and interest within civil society organizations and individuals in the region in using technology in democracy promotion work.
The core members of the network are Metamorphosis from Macedonia, Center for Democratic Transition from Montenegro, Center for Research, Transparency and Accountability from Serbia and CA Why not from Bosnia. We also work with partners from Albania – Mjaft, Kosovo – Open Data Kosovo and Croatia, as well as partners from other countries in Europe and the world.
The network members commit to working on the following goals:
- increased inter-sector cooperation on the issues of government accountability and transparency with the specific highlight on the use of IC technologies by civil society , but also including issues connected to civic participation and processes of democratization in general;
- increased influence of the regional network and civil society in general on the improvement of government accountability and transparency in the countries of the region through joined advocacy, monitoring and awareness raising efforts, as well as improvement of the regional dialogue on these topics;
- better visibility, improved experience and resource sharing and increased expertise of the organizations involved in the regional network, as well as increased knowledge about the work of civil society dealing with democracy promotion, accountability and transparency issues on the existing projects and tools in other parts of the region and the world;
- improved regional dialogue and expertise on using ICT for civic society use;
- information technology accepted as one of the main strategic tools for working on the selected issues by organizations in the region;
- to promote and protect human rights and freedoms on the internet.